Sembalun Village – Sembalun Crater Rim – Summit – Sembalun Crater Rim – Sembalun Village.
All our treks include a complimentary night in a home stay in Senaru if you have the time & the waterfall tour on arrival day. That way you can start the trek fresh early the following morning.
If you wish to trek on the same day as pick up we can arrange:
- From Senggigi or Mataram in Lombok pick up at your hotel 5am.
- From The Gilis take the 7.30am public boat and our staff will meet you at Bangsal harbor as you disembark.
- Pick up is also included from Lombok airport & you can stay overnight in Senaru.
Rinjani Trekking 2 Days 1 Night Summit Trek Itinerary :
The day is started by a good breakfast followed by a full briefing of the trek & registration with the Rinjani Trek Center ( RTC. ) Transfer by car to Sembalun where we start our trek around 8.30am. The first leg of our journey takes approx 7 hours to Sembalun Crater Rim. The journey takes us through open meadows where we will rest & stop for lunch. We camp at the rim for the night. Time to relax & have dinner whilst watching an amazing sunset over the Segara Anak Lake. Early to bed.
An early wakeup call at 2.30am to start the ascent to the summit of Gunung Rinjani ( 3726 m) taking approx two hours. The terrain is mostly loose scree or stones and the ascent is steep therefore it can be strenuous. If you wish you can always remain at camp for this part of the trek. However it’s certainly worth the effort as you will be greeted by an awe inspiring sunrise with views of Bali to the west and Sumbawa to the east whilst enjoying a great sense of personal achievement. Arrive back at camp around 8.30am, time for a good breakfast and a rest. Descend back down to Sembalun village, a trek of around 5 hours. Transfer by car back to Senaru.
Time to leave Senaru taking with you some amazing memories of the mighty Gunung Rinjani volcano.
Trekking package inclusive of :
- All transfers to and from The Gilis,Senggigi, Mataram & airport in Lombok.
- One nights home stay. ( if applicable)
- Waterfall tour inc guide. ( if applicable)
- Breakfast, lunch & dinners on the trek.
- Ample fresh drinking water & tea & coffee.
- Qualified English speaking guides.
- All equipment inc tents, sleeping bags, toilet tent etc.
- Warm jackets if required.
What to bring :
- Hiking boots
- Warm clothing
- Extra socks
- Waterproof jacket
- Head torch
- Small towel
- Swimming gear
- Insect repellent
- Any personal medicine
- Sun cream
- Wet wipes
- Toilet roll.